I am a qualified and experienced Counsellor in private practice in Edinburgh’s New Town.
I am a registered member of the following professional & regulatory organisations.
- The British Association For Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP )
- The Association of Independent Practitioners (AIP)
- The Scottish Association For Psychodynamic Counselling (SAPC)
I adhere to their codes of ethics and practice, and my work is fully supervised and insured.
- BA Hons. Kings College, London University. ( 2:1 )
- Postgrad. Dip, Edinburgh University (Psychodynamic/Person Centred Counselling)
- Couples Counselling Training, ‘Couples Counselling Lothian’.
- ‘Hoffman Process’ UK graduate.
- ‘ Working therapeutically with families’ Training. Human Development Scotland.
- Supervision Training at CSTD London under Robin Shohet.
- Extensive Counselling experience, working with individuals and couples, both in the voluntary and private sectors.
- I have worked in voluntary counselling agencies, the PF Counselling Service; Couple Counselling Lothian.
- I am a current Board member of the PF Counselling Service, Edinburgh.
- I have worked as a Manager with ‘Postnatal Depression Services Lothian’.
- I am a Trustee of Kilgraston School, Perthshire.
I work with a wide range of issues.
- Stress / anxiety / panic attacks
- Low self-esteem
- childhood / family relationships
- Relationship / Couple breakdown
- Family issues relating to divorce / support for children & parents
- Bereavement/ loss / life transitions
- self-harming / disordered eating
- Postnatal depression
- Adolescent / young adult issues
My areas of expertise include Couple Counselling and Relationship Counselling, as well as family therapy; Postnatal depression and counselling for self-harm and anxiety are other areas of special interest.